Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ghosting

I've immersed myself once again into the Twilight series. I guess I didn't think I had anything to do for a couple of days. Sunday night I was lying on my bed reading and Bio-Comp came into my room, ready to ask me something. He stopped short when he saw the cover, gave a little groan, and left. Later Engineer came in, saw the book, groaned as well, then asked if I was really reading them again. I simply said yes. His request that I read them all that night to get them over with was met with rolled eyes and a "Shoo, go away."

Why am I telling you this? Because with all the vampires and werewolves that have been running in my head lately, I thought I'd throw in a little ghost, too.

I love this technique because it is so subtle...and so easy. Here is my card.


Stamps: CTMH Butterfly Wings (March SOTM)
Inks: CTMH Lilac Mist, Spring Iris
Papers: CTMH Spring Iris, Glossy Cardstock

To do this ghosting technique, you need glossy cardstock, Versamark ink, and a brayer. With your chosen image, here it is the small butterfly layer, ink with the Versamark and stamp randomly on the glossy cardstock. Then with ink color of your choice, here it is Lilac Mist, brayer over your images. The stamped images will slowly emerge, like little ghosts. If you don't want such a subtle effect, brayer more ink onto it. I layered the pieces, and embossed the larger butterfly with clear embossing powder...as if you couldn't tell by the glaring shine coming off of it.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I must get back to Forks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...