Saturday, April 13, 2013

Close To My Heart Word Collage

I wanted to share one of the gifts I made for the Stamp Camp gift exchange last month.

I used a 12"x12" canvas I got at Michael's and created a Close To My Heart word collage!


My upline Sue, at LattaStamps, picked this from our stack of prizes.

This was really easy to create.  I first painted the whole thing with Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint, though it is hard to tell in the photo.  Then after designing and cutting the vinyl pieces on my computer, I transferred them to the canvas.  After making sure they were good and stuck, I painted over the whole thing again with the Pearl Paint.  Why?  Because this makes sure to seal the letters down, and any paint that may seep underneath will be the same color as the base coat.  When that was dry, I put my top coat of a black canvas paint...well, on top.  After that dried, then I carefully peeled off all the letters and shapes.  Then I used the gel medium from this project to seal it.

Done and done!  I have more canvases that are just screaming to be decorated as well.  I love this quick and easy project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...