Saturday, September 26, 2009

Super Late Birthday Card

Flyin' in with a card to share.
Smiley from

But first, let me just start by saying why I really love CTMH's Background & Texture paper: among other reasons, the back of the paper has the same designs as the front, only in monotone hues. This makes the paper very versatile in my book. It also makes looking for it so much easier! Not that I have all my papers scattered around the place (no comments, Engineer!), but if there is a scrap lying about, I instantly know what it is. And I mostly 99.9% of the time use only CTMH paper. The other 0.1% is only because another paper is just so perfect for the project, I have no choice but to use it.

Why am I babbling on about paper?

Years ago, I found a perfect sheet of paper to make a layout of my brother for my parent's anniversary album. I was being frugal at the time and only bought one sheet. Something I would never be able to do today! Anyway, I knew I had some of it left and wanted it for this very late birthday card. I found it, pulled it out, then set it aside for when I had time to make it. The other day I was desperately trying to find that just right scrap of paper. I looked over and through everything in my closet. When I had given up...I found it. I didn't notice it before because it was turned over...and just plain white on the back! I felt silly, it staring at me the whole time. So now I'm wishing all paper companies would print on the backside of their papers, too!

Are you still with me? Smiley from

Okay, here's the finished card...

Stamps: Stamping Bella SuperTyler
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: CTMH Cranberry, Black, a precious scrap of Superman paper from unknown company

The inside says, "Sorry it's Super Late!"

I did color with my Copics, it had been a while...I missed them. I also got to use a new tool, well new to me. I had been waiting for the I-top to come to Michael's for a those 50% coupons! I used it to make the brad next to the sentiment. I can tell this will be a fun tool to use!

Today we're having a surprise birthday party for better to surprise someone than to throw a party 2 weeks late!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...