Well I suppose posting three days in a row night have that effect on some of you!
I've been able to get lots of crafting time in, despite all the boys being home. We've come to an agreement of sorts. They let me have some time to myself...and I'll make sure they're fed.
Works so far!
Living with a sunburn the past week or so has prompted a spree of Christmas card making. I may have been trying to psyche myself out into feeling cooler, or I may just have been trying out some new things...we'll never know.
How many of you like shiny, sparkly things?
Okay, okay. How many of you have used those really expensive Glimmer Mist sprays to color your paper?
I'll have to admit that I have not. Too expensive! So what's a shimmery-loving crafter supposed to do?
Make your own.
Take one fine mist spray bottle, one tube of Create-A-Shade Pearl paint, reinker of your choice, and water.
That's it Crafters! Here's how to mix them:
- Put 1-2 dollops of paint in the mister. I use those mini misters from Rangers, so if you use a bigger bottle, adjust the recipe.
- Next put in 15-20 drops of reinker. The more you use obviously the darker the color. You could opt to leave out the reinker altogether and you'll get a nice opaque shimmer.
- Fill the bottle about 3/4 full with water. This gives you room to mix it up.
- This next step is very important...put the lid on the bottle before you shake it up! Don't ask me how I know this...it was not a pretty sight.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water and shake away! Make sure all the paint is mixed into the water/reinker.
- You can also do this with alcohol reinkers, just substitute the water for rubbing alcohol.
So this is what I ended up with. The left is a piece of White Daisy cardstock. The right is Outdoor Denim cardstock. The middle is what I created using Outdoor Denim reinker.
The closer to your paper you spray, the bigger blotches you'll get. That wasn't the look I was going for here so I sprayed about 16 inches above the paper.
Here is how the card turned out...
Stamps: CTMH Holiday Warmth (October SOTM)
Inks: CTMH Outdoor Denim, VersaMark
Papers: CTMH Outdoor Denim, White Daisy, Black
Here's a shot of the inside:
I tried to get a good picture of all the shimmer this card has. The tree and sentiment are embossed with a glitter powder so the whole thing really sparkles!
Well, that does it for me today. The boys have been asking for lunch and per our agreement, I'll have to take a break here and switch hats.