Monday, June 24, 2013

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: Color Me Happy

This week at Heart 2 Heart we are all sharing our favorite colors in our projects.  Sounds easy, right?

Ha! From Millan.Net

Asking a crafter to choose their favorite color or combo is like asking a parent to choose their favorite child!  And while I may have some children...COLORS...I meant colors, From Millan.Net that I like to create with more than others, I just couldn't pick one or two...or even three.

So my card has a whole subtle rainbow of colors!

From Millan.Net
 
Stamps: Card Chatter-Birthday
Inks: Black
Papers: White Daisy, Hollyhock, Ruby, Sunset, Honey, Topiary, Sky, Pacifica, Gypsy
Accessories: Sparkles
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, Piercer, Corner Rounder, 3D tape
 

I pulled this card together quickly with the AP cartridge.  The butterfly is found on page 41 of the handbook.  I cut one of each color + White Daisy at 1.25".  They are attached together at the body with a rolled up mini glue dot.  Each of the sparkles are colored with the coordinating marker, besides the three clear ones of course.  I did trace several "flutter" lines with a pencil until I was happy with the look.  I used the piercer along the line and place the colored sparkles as I went.

This may have to be a hand delivered card...there are 11 layers where that butterfly is!

Thank you for stopping by and playing along with BOTH design teams this week!  I'm sad to say this is the final week of my term on the team.From Millan.Net  I've enjoyed being back and a part of the group.  And I hope I'll be able to keep up with the new ladies starting the second term!

If you want to play along, visit the H2H blog and get inspired by all the beautiful artwork.  Then get cracking on your own!  Just remember the few rules to play by:

1. Use CTMH products when you can.
2. Link your blog post (not just your blog) with the Linky found at H2H.
3. Share your favorite color or color combo!

Have fun this week!
From Millan.Net

4 comments:

  1. Your card is breathtakingly beautiful! I love how you've incorporated the entire rainbow and yet kept the card so clean and crisp too. Thank you so very, very much for serving on the H2H DT and sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I will miss reading your posts for H2H! You always inspire with your words and your craftiness! :) You card literally gave me chills when I saw it up-close... it is stunning. Thank you for putting into words my exact reaction to choosing a color! I have never stalled so much before diving in to a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. Positively. LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple yet so elegant! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Sorry it took me so long to say that! I'm quite behind on everything anymore! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...