Friday, May 15, 2009

Master Crafter

One of the reasons I love being a part of the Close To My Heart family is all the great products available to us as crafters. Another reason is the support it gives all of it's consultants. We are provided with a Training Academy in which we can take classes to learn techniques, about new products, business practices and leadership training. And I am happy to toot my own horn and say that I have earned my Masters Degree in CTMH!

Toot!

Ok, now that my humility has returned, I'll show you another project I made for my open house.

With the end of school upon us, I sense the dreaded, "Mom, I'm bored!" mantra coming in full force. So with that in mind, I took CTMH's My Creations Cube and paired it with the new Tinkerin' papers. And while you can fasten each of the corners to create a cube, I opted to leave the top panel unfastened to make a box. I used the coordinating My Stickease stickers to decorate it along with some pictures of my boys. I created a fastener with a Bigger Brad, Photo Hanger and some stretchy cord I had in a drawer.



Stamps: CTMH Argyle Backgrounds
Inks: CTMH Twilight
Papers: CTMH Tinkerin' Reflections Kit

The purpose of this box is to get the boys to fill it with slips of paper that have fun things to do written on them. I may have to slip in some chores as well, you know, provide character building activities. I will have to have final approval of the things that get put in there. I can just see it, "But Mom, it says we have to go to Disneyland!"

Although, I am entirely for that one myself.

5 comments:

  1. I love these!
    I'm also STILL thinking about the cute cube you did - I'll need to ask you again where you got it (Walmart?) I just LOVE the papers you used and well, just everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew you were a Master Crafter. Congradulations! I will borrow that idea but use an old stinky hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think your cube is bigger than mine (and WAY cuter than anything I would do anyway!!). Congrat's Master crafter...you ROCK!! Trish aka blog stalker....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats - go ahead and toot your own horn - it is a great accomplishment! I have never thought to much about the cubes until now - this is so totally cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...