Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Run Around

For some reason, I had great visions of this summer. Visions of staying at home and playing with my boys and in my closet. Why didn't anyone tell me you get more busy during these "lazy, hazy" days of summer? I have chauffeured my boys back and forth from home and Camp Invention, getting them to Cub Scout Day camp (okay, I only really had to get him to the church and then the leaders drove the 45 minutes to the actual camp), and now this week is swimming lessons. There is not enough time in between going places to actually sit down and get something done around here!

You know what I realized today?

5 weeks until school starts back up again.

Smiley from millan.net

The card I have for today took me about 5 days to complete: 1 day to color, 1 hour to put together, and all the time in between to shuffle things around the table for meals, etc.

But now it is done!

I made it for the home page contest for the Stamplicious group. The theme was red, white, and blue. Since it didn't necessarily have to be a patriotic card, I went with this Sugar Nellie stamp by Liz Bell.


Stamps: Sugar Nellie Summer Ice Cream
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: CTMH Blue Ribbon Reflections Kit


Maybe if swimming wears them out enough, I'll have some quiet time to make some other things...I'm seriously behind on my scrapbooking!

3 comments:

  1. Ryan says he wishes it was 20 weeks until school starts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh how cute, I love the red/white/blue so sweet and country-ish. The lace punch on the side is a perfectr touch! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...