Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthday Buds

Today is my twin brother's and sister's birthday. Not that they are my twins, but each others. And my New Year's Resolution is to have every one's birthday cards in their hands on their special day.

I mean really, I have my own scrapbook store in my closet, but I can't make anything special for my family and friends? How lame, as Loquacious would say.

So, in order for me to not have broken my resolution, which if you think about it, relies heavily on the good ol' postal service, I hope they received these today!


Stamps: DOTS Best Friends
Inks: Brilliance Graphite Black
Papers: CTMH Good Times Reflection Kit

I had fun working on these cards, I got to play with my new Copic markers. I've been telling Engineer about how wonderful these are, that they are the Rolls Royce in the world of markers. He said, "Like Me in the world of husbands?"

Yes honey, just like you.

It took me a couple of years to track down this particular stamp. And I had to have this one, just for their birthday cards. Why? My sister has always liked rubber ducks. She liked them so much she married someone named Duckworth. Ok, maybe that wasn't the only reason, but what a coincidence! And my brother? He has had the nickname Bear for so many years, it's on his name badge at work. He's even said some people at work didn't realize that wasn't even his real name. So when I saw this in an old CTMH catalog (back when it was DOTS) I set out to find it. The searching paid off and now it's home with me...and a couple hundred of it's own brothers and sisters.

2 comments:

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...