Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Ah, the mother of all holidays!  I get to sleep in, have breakfast served in bed, read a book without interruptions...wait, no that never happens.  Maybe someday...

This holiday is kind of bittersweet.  I lost my own mother 4 years ago but have since then gained a wonderful stepmother. From Millan.Net

This year my birthday falls on Mother's Day, too.  So you know...double presents!From Millan.Net


I made a special card to send to my special stepmom.

Stamps: Universal Backgrounds (retired), Simple Beauty (retired)
Inks: Whisper, Slate, Black
Papers: White Daisy, Black cardstock
Accessories: Sparkles Clear Flourishes-Small, Black satin ribbon
Tools: Artiste Cricut cartridge

I used the Artiste cartridge and CCR to make the piano base.  On page 47 of the booklet, there is a cut for a card holder.  It is Accent 3.  I welded a rectangle to the right side of the shape and sized it to be 5.5"x8.5".   And yes, all the keys are individual pieces.  It looked so much better than just drawing the lines.



I suppose it has more than one special meaning.  My mom always wanted us kids to play, so we had lessons growing up.  I don't play as much as I used to, but I can still sit down and make something come out of the piano.
From Millan.Net

My stepmom also plays the piano and organ.  So I knew this card would be just perfect for her.  I'm so grateful for her bringing music back into my dad's house!

I also sent her a Base and Bling necklace.

Dreamer Style Sheet
Craft Queen Charms
Rhinestone Charms

I used a glitter nail polish on the Glass Cover first to give it sparkle.  Then used one of the images from the Dreamer sheets for the image.
From Millan.Net


Well I hope you have a great weekend and gets lots of special treatment from your family!
From Millan.Net


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...